Clear a date variable

Hello,

Here is my problem.

I declare my variables:

Public p_prev, r_prev, p_real, r_real As Date

Then I initialize them:

p_prev = Empty
p_real = Empty
r_prev = Empty
r_real = Empty

But as soon as I query them, here is the result:

p_prev =
p_real =
r_prev =
r_real = 00:00:00

And I don't understand at all why "r_real" returns "00:00:00"

Do you have any idea why or how this is happening?

Thank you

Configuration: Windows Vista / Firefox 35.0

2 answers

  1. Moderator
    Hello,

    I would like to add to gbinforme's response (greetings, by the way) that this declaration:
    Public p_prev, r_prev, p_real, r_real As Date

    is equivalent to:
    Public p_prev As Variant, r_prev As Variant, p_real As Variant, r_real As Date

    In VBA, you need to specify the type for each variable. So:
    Public p_prev As Date, r_prev As Date, p_real As Date, r_real As Date

    That's why you get:
    p_prev =
    p_real =
    r_prev =
    r_real = 00:00:00

    Before, I could never finish my sentences... but now I
    0
    1. Contributor
      Good evening pijaku,

      Well spotted! I read a bit too quickly, focusing on the exception.

      Have a good evening.
      0
    2. Moderator
      @gbinformeHi gbinforme,

      No problem.
      The answers complement each other, and the main thing is that the issue is resolved.
      See you later
      Have a good day
      0
  2. Contributor
    Hello,

    As you defined
    r_real As Date 
    your variable is in date format: this is only normal because a zero date is empty.

    --
    Always zen
    Perfection is attained, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
    0