VB error 57121

Hello,

I am building a database in Excel, it was working very well until last night and a computer update made it bug, I think. Here is the code on a userform where it tells me there is a problem:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Sheets("Menu").Activate
UserForm1.Hide
End Sub

The sheet name is correctly written the same way so I don't understand.
Moreover, if I go back to Excel it tells me that "it is impossible to exit design mode, the control 'commandbutton24' cannot be created" so I can no longer do anything
. Thank you in advance.

5 answers

  1. Hello Forum,

    I just encountered the same problem with Excel 2003: Error 57121
    (when
    Activesheet.Unprotect
    ) while it works with Excel 2007.

    Before coming across this thread, I found a solution online that works (but not in all cases): duplicate the sheets in the workbook, delete the original sheets and rename the new ones (Name and CodeName)

    In the end, after uninstalling/reinstalling the 35 updates from yesterday, two updates are blocked (hidden) on my computer because they cause problems with Excel 2003 (only):
    • Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2920794) - ActiveX disabled
    • Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2965286) - Error 57121


    --
    Best regards
    Patrice
    0
    1. Contributor
      For Office 2010, this is the one to be removed. See on the date of 09/12/2014

      Security Update for Microsoft Excel 2010 (KB2910902)

      --
      @+ The Woodpecker
      0
      1. Hello,

        I have exactly the same problem as fbrando.
        When I open my file (Excel 2010), I get an error 57121 - Application-defined or object-defined error - and then when I try to access my combobox, I get another error "Unable to exit design mode, the control 'label1' cannot be created."

        And I cannot access my combobox because I am in design mode.

        I tried to delete the hidden files but it doesn’t change anything...

        What can I do????

        Thank you!!
        0
        1. Contributor
          Which version of Excel?

          Otherwise, display hidden files and go to:

          C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\Excel8.0

          and delete the .exd file

          --
          @+ Le Pivert
          0
          1. Contributor
            Hello,

            This is certainly due to the latest Windows update.

            You need to uninstall this update to regain the use of ActiveX buttons:

            For Office 2013:

            Security Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2726958)

            I did it for 2007:

            Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596927)

            You need to go to:

            Control Panel-Programs-Programs and Features-Installed Updates
            Right-click on the update: Uninstall

            Don't forget to disable automatic updates, otherwise you'll be in the same situation again

            PS Avoid this next time:

            urgent help needed!!!

            We are volunteers
            --
            @+ The Woodpecker
            1
            1. Thank you for your response, I did as you told me but I did not find the update.
              0