CFT / MQS
Hi,
I'm still having issues with mainframe.
Could someone explain to me what the CFT and MQ Series exchange protocols consist of...?
Thank you all,
Sylvie
I'm still having issues with mainframe.
Could someone explain to me what the CFT and MQ Series exchange protocols consist of...?
Thank you all,
Sylvie
45 answers
-
Here is an interesting topic. I will try to answer your question in a relatively complete way.
If you want further explanations, email me:
CFT (Cross File Transfer) is a software package primarily used in the insurance and banking sectors. Published by Credintrans, acquired by SOPRA and then AXWAY, it allows for the exchange of files - or messages - in a multi-platform architecture (AS400, MVS, UNIX, Linux, Microsoft).
The principle is simple: 2 clients/servers communicate to exchange files. Under NT/200X/XP, there are even very useful lightweight clients that allow a user to initiate a transfer.
If it's a simple Windows/Windows transfer, well-suited CFT maps and user rights will suffice to retrieve or deposit a file from one machine to another. Under UNIX, the context is of course local (except for NFS mounting).
CFT requests can be scheduled in a UNIX crontab or in a proprietary scheduler like $Univers, Control M, autosys, or even a simple winat!
SSL can be implemented in CFT. OpenSSL certificates work very well, but if you want to set up a Windows 2003 certificate server, I've noted that the issued certificates do not work on CFT V2.23 and V2.30 unpatched.
On the monitoring side, CFT comes with a tool that graphically summarizes the status of transfers. CFT is also interfaceable with the XFBScope tool. Information is sent over IP for storage under Oracle client.
The main protocols are PESIT, PESIT E, ODETTE, and even ETEBAC V - if you have the card. Level 3, IP can be used, as well as X25.
These standards make CFT compatible with other products, like InterPel.
MQSeries is a middleware that also allows, in its own way, to send files or messages to a clearly identified recipient. It is indeed a method of communication between two servers. MQSeries is multi-platform and even exists under Linux! (Like CFT)
A communication channel must be implemented. Here we talk about channels.
Between two partners, two channels are defined to ensure the push or pull of messages.
These messages are deposited and received in FIFO queues. Messages leave as soon as the channel is open. Where we spoke of scheduling for CFT, we are talking here about triggering.
The messages thus received can be exploited in their content or in the action generated by the event.
Ultimately, it is important to note that MQSeries benefits from an advanced logs exploitation. In the event of a technical incident, a Dead Letter queue is used to store serious events. MQSeries is also capable of correcting certain anomalies and resuming its conversational work.
I have found many utilities mainly in Java that allow for the graphical and thus user-friendly administration of the server(s), but nothing to make IBM programmers blush who also offer a worthy explorer. (and I do not work for IBM ;-)
To summarize, I think we clearly understand the difference in usage between CFT and MQSeries. CFT is somewhat to the user what MQSeries is to the application (that doesn't mean much but I find this phrase quite artistic so I’ll leave it).
Good luck!
Name removed Moderation CCM-
Good evening
I need to modify an installation to execute a script upon receiving a file. The problem is that I don't know how to do it.
I have an AIX version of CFT
CFTU20I CFT/V2/UAIX 43xL
CFTU20I Version 230 2003/02/11
CFTU20I (C) Copyright SOPRA 1993-2001
Do you have any documentation?
Can you give me information on what I need to do?
Talk later
geraldine -
-
@geraldineHello Géraldine,
I've worked quite a bit with AIX using CFT 2.23 and 2.30.
In the end, the syntax is exactly the same as under NT.
To trigger a post-receipt batch, you need to add the exec command in your cftrecv, and you can place it wherever you like (I got into the habit of putting the exec at the end of the command for readability).
cftrecv idf =Julien,
fname = /$env/appli/recv/julien.&IDT,
flrecl = 120, /* I'm giving you this size as an example */
exec = /home/cft/scripts/MonScriptShell.csh
If you want to trigger routing of the file you just received for example:
vi /home/cft/scripts/MonScriptShell.csh
#!/bin/csh
CFTUTIL send idf=MonFichier,part=MonPartenaire,fname=&fname
actually fname=&fname is a little trick I found that allows you to take a file you just dropped, which has a variable name (here the suffix &IDT which includes among other things the time)
It saves you from hacks like setenv file from ls -lrt | tail -1 etc...
Name removed CCM Moderation -
@DomIt is indeed about messaging, so it's an asynchronous exploitation. But regarding the proprietary aspect of the MOM from SonicSoftware, I can't tell you if an EJB can be implemented for the support of this middleware. I imagine it can. Sorry I couldn't help you.
Name removed Moderation CCM -
Hello JULIEN,
given your knowledge and experience with CFT and MQS products, could you please direct me to some links where I could gather more specific information about these tools? If possible, I'm looking for documentation that explains everything from A to Z as I would like to become level 3 support for these products.
Thank you in advance.
--
radoudou
-
-
Hello,
I am working on a migration from CFT 2.3.1 to 2.5.1. Are there any specific steps required to carry out this task?
I am completely new to CFT and I'm on Windows 2000.
Thank you -
Hello; I am a surveyor in road and underground works, I want to know how the Covadis software works; please help me.
-
Hello,
I get a "catalog full" message when I try to send files with CFT.
After displaying this message, the software closes.
I assume it's a purge issue.
What should I do?
Thank you in advance for your help. -
Hello,
I get a "catalogue full" message when I try to send files with CFT.
After displaying this message, the software shuts down.
I suppose this is a purge issue.
What should I do?
Thank you in advance for your help. -
Due to time constraints, I implemented a basic monitoring solution, a script that checks the received files and verifies that I have indeed received the correct files; it sends me the report via email.
I saw that there is an API to interact directly with the monitor, but I haven't had the time to explore the possibilities yet. -
Hello,
thank you for this information. I use several CFTs on multiple partitions. Have you already implemented
regular monitoring of the transfer status? How did you do it? What tools do you use?
Rex -
Hi Julien and forum members,
would you be able to explain to me how to implement SSL under CFT ver. 2.4.1, and should I modify my license with Axway for that?-
Hi,
To implement SSL under CFT, I recommend going back to the samples, and it should go smoothly.
Moreover, if possible, use OpenSSL. Windows certificate servers have already given me some issues. Microsoft sometimes struggles with the RFCs ;-)
As for the SSL option, it is indeed paid. (About €150, I believe). A new CFTPARM key will be issued to you to activate SSL under CFT.
- Julien -
Hello everyone,
the software CFT, formerly known as XFB.Monitor, is published by Axway and is now called Synchrony Transfer. The same goes for the InterPel software that manages the ETEBAC 3/5 protocol.
For your information, these software products are paid!
You will find information on these 2 products at www.axway.fr / www.axway.com.
For any questions, you can send your emails to axwaysolutions@axway.com or submit a request: http://www.axway.com/company/contact.php
CM -
-
@CFT_TrainerHello,
I would like to test the product "synchrony transfer," but I can't find any information about it. Is it not possible to test it before purchase?
Thank you! -
@CFT_TrainerHello,
I just saw your proposal and I'd like to share a problem I'm currently experiencing.
I'm having some issues with the support site. I'm using CFT 2.3 in a Windows environment.
My partner sends a file whose name changes with each transfer. They initiate the transfer, so I'm not sending a CFTRECV.
I would like to receive the file with its physical name as it has at the client (which changes every time), and then possibly copy this file to another directory (I can manage this part, even if I don’t know the file name; if I do know it, that’s better). I understand that we can use the variables &FNAME or &NFNAME, but my attempts have been unsuccessful.
If you have example scripts to handle this case, that would be very helpful.
Thank you in advance if you can help me (and thanks anyway if you can't).
JEF
-
-
Like frenchsting, I honestly get lost on the site when I’m searching for something.
I had asked the question earlier regarding error management.
I entered the values EXECSE and EXECRE, I trigger an error by searching for a file that does not exist at a partner (error 610).
Yet no event is triggered, both EXECRE and EXECRF events.
I’m posting the part of the config file below:
execse = EXEC\Failure\P1.BAT,
execsf = EXEC\Success\P1.BAT,
execre = EXEC\Failure\P1.BAT,
execrf = EXEC\Success\P1.BAT
The BAT files exist and work perfectly when I run them manually.
Second question, is it possible to pass parameters like P1.BAT &idf &part ... and interpret these parameters in the BATCH later (I think it is, but it’s not explicitly stated in the documentation)?
I anticipate the questions that will be asked: yes, I looked on the site and got lost, by the way, I saw a note indicating that some versions of CFT2.3 will no longer be supported by support, so I will probably need to update. :(
In the meantime, I’ll go back to looking on the site to see if I can find more information about my problem.-
-
-
@didierI set the absolute paths to try, and framed them in quotes, but the events don't seem to trigger.
Let me detail a bit so in my parameter file I have:
Execre = '...\EXEC\Echec\P1.bat'
(... = the path access to the Exec directory)
Then P1.bat is composed as follows:
Echo Echec >> c:\Logs\ErreursCFT.log
(this is just for a test, later I plan to log the error number and execute a process based on the errors)
I launch a file search request with a partner
for that I use CftUtil
Part=<Good partner> idf=<a non-existent thing> File=all
All this generates a request with the result:
730 which corresponds to "protocol error"
I then check my log folder, but it is empty.
I conclude that P1 did not execute, so the event either did not trigger, or it triggered but an error in my configuration prevented it from executing the process.
If anyone has an idea, I would be grateful because I admit I'm lost.
Moreover, my version is no longer supported by Axway support, so I hesitate to call before making my update.
But before doing my update, I would like to have feedback on the errors... hence the interest in using the execre and execse events.
In any case, a big thank you to everyone for all the information I have already found in this topic.
-
-
I have the license to use it. But:
- I find the support site poorly designed
- I find the software very cumbersome. I even reported a bug in the application.
But if there's stoning, call me: I love it when it bleeds... -
For everyone:
https://login.axway.com/auth/realms/Broker/protocol/saml?SAMLRequest=fZFBb4JAEIXv%2Fgqyd1hAgbJBjNZDTWxq1PbQS7Mso24Ku3RnsfbfF7SmnjzOZN6b781kk1NdOUcwKLUak8DzySQfZNPWHtQavlpA63QTCsekNYppjhKZ4jUgs4Jtps9LFno%2Ba4y2WuiKOIv5mHwkQkRBkBZlwneijOOHIk1CvosF%2BEmZhGlUjECkw7TkxHm77u58OjliCwuFlivbtfzQd%2F3Q9aNtEDM%2FYqPhO3HmHZRU3J5VB2sbZJRWei%2BVx0%2Ff%2FMcTuqa8S0AN8KpGOjP6Ewy9QlLkdUe6%2BitnUpVS7e8HLC5DyJ6225W7etlsiTNFBNNTPGqFbQ1mA%2BYoBbyul%2F9c2DaNNvaGDBQledYzsHNaczkw6zv3Ifh1IcmxOYABV1QSlHV7aUZvLPOM3r4wH%2FwC&SigAlg=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2F2001%2F04%2Fxmldsig-more%23rsa-sha256&Signature=VE7wRU3wp0VixDtqYHIj9cnynzyunVEqjnVg47s65WxAMVaVl9ZijP1JMc%2F6wHMB%2FBNNAubVZonMstOhjwQEUwAYUmSnxJrENbPTmgcF40cG83j18NEHJ0sB1tChc4WPhT376H9PoqSh8DnEnXfhS9MQLkb2kGq6BiChCueYBC6nXAd0Pv9ti2nnx5e0tFjcZRnzH0E%2Fa%2Ba7ujas5xEuWzPwAAahoT%2FazMY3pKb%2F%2FDvJIQXXVo7ehPFteKCVTomcxONbgh4wzOmE3YWswiruAGGTto1WPkRUGLTybPJrti4fN6UnlApyM07x5XCTyvgfcbu9HG2RO%2BTTqhRyNzCDEg%3D%3D&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fsupport.axway.com%2Fen%2F
You need a support access code to create an account on the site, then you will have access to all the information you are wasting your time asking here... I'm not blaming you (yet), but if you are using CFT without a valid license, I will gladly stone you... -
Thank you for the response.
I found how to retrieve my correspondents on one hand and the idf on the other hand. The CFTList command used as follows:
cftlist part > mesparts.txt
cftlist file > mesidf.txt
the command lists the partners (and respectively the idf) and thanks to the redirection > writes it to a text file. From there, I can, via a program I'm working on under Windev, generate a text file in the axway/xfb monitor format.
The cftinit command does not exist in the DOS version.
Otherwise, I still haven't found the notion of SAP (Service Access Point) in the version we are using.
Thank you again for the message. -
Hello,
I have been using CFT since its version on Windows 3.11. I am not familiar with
its version under DOS. However, I have noticed that the structures
and utilities have remained relatively consistent over time.
If you no longer have the original files that allowed you
to generate the partner files, and all the associated information, may I suggest using, if it exists under DOS,
CFTINT and extracting (that is to say, reconstructing the source file)
all the parameters that allowed to build the
"engine" of CFT back then.
You will find EVERYTHING there, including, of course, what you are looking for.
It is a text file from which you will have at least the basis to "reconstruct" a kernel with cftinit.
Best regards,
Philippe -
Hello everyone. I'm trying to migrate from CFTPC version 1.4 (or 1.7) published by Credintrans under MS-DOS (don't laugh) to the XFB monitor 2.4.1 zindozs version from Axway (which actually took over CFTPC).
My main problem, besides the complex nature of XFBM, and the fact that we can't automatically retrieve the correspondents and the file IDF (unless we create a program or enter them manually...), is that I don't know the SAP number for CFTPC. I've looked in the documentation but haven't found anything yet. If anyone has any information, thanks in advance.
Regarding the transfer problem mentioned earlier, you need to write a text file with a .bat extension (in Windows) and enter commands like:
rem send
CFTUTIL SEND,,correspondent,idf file,RECU &FNAME &LNAME &LPART,,,0,20,20
rem receive
CFTUTIL RECV,,correspondent,idf file,RECU &FNAME &LNAME &LPART,,,0,20,20
Note: depending on the version of the CFT program, you may need to load a utility beforehand (you would then put the path and name of this utility at the beginning of the bat file). -
Names keep changing all the time at Axway...
A&P = cftmon?
XFBScope = Synchrony sentinel? -
Hello everyone, are there any tools other than A&P or Sentinel to graphically monitor CFT flows and verify that the transmitted flows have arrived correctly?
Thank you -
Hello,
This topic is very interesting, especially given the lack of information about this software on the internet.
I am looking for a way to be notified when the CTF exchanges fail.
I saw that there is a trace file in the CREDINTRANS documentation, but they say that this file is unusable for the CFT user...
I thought about processing the log file via a VBS and I actually had a question about this:
What is the purpose of the alternate log file (CTFALOG)?
I noticed that it is always empty unlike the CTFLOG file which unloads into another file when the CTF monitor stops.
To keep it simple, I'm trying to create a script that will launch the send command, wait for completion, and retrieve all the output information (the information that appears on the monitor).
Thus, when it detects an error, it will send me an email to inform me that the send or receive has failed.
Thank you in advance.-
Hello Nikolas;
I am a beginner in CFT and I need your help:
1- I made a transfer between two partners A and B
Partner A automatically sends a file to B from a bat file
cd\
cd cft
cftutil send part=TRAGEMBR,idf=avistit,fname=C:\CFT\partenaires\CIH\Recv\&30.nfname.&IDT,nfname=&nfname
/end
Partner B
cftrecv id = avistit,
fcode = BINARY,
ftype = B,
fname = 'C:\CFT23\Partenaires\CIH\&30.nfname.&idt'
During the transfer, the CFT state at B gives me (Interrupted) error 600
2- I want to record the transfer status in a file
-
-
Hello,
I am retrieving files from different apps on Windows.
I would like to know how we can automate a CFTSend.
Thank you
Stephan -
Hi, I'm looking for documentation on INTERPEL to make CFT transfers. Could you point me to where I can find this documentation or anything that can help me configure Interpel on Linux!!!!
THANK YOU!!! -
Hello everyone, and especially to the specialist Julien,
You may find me outdated; I’m still using CFT/PC under DOS, and I’ve been struggling for a while. Let me explain: I’m trying to send a file via Etebac 3 while of course complying with AFNOR standards, and I’m getting a CFTM53E message saying there’s an error during the transfer and I can’t find any anomalies in the content of the file. Thank you to anyone who can lend a hand.-
CFTM53E error during transfer. Various possible causes. It is necessary to know the network configuration: what type of network (RTC or X25/X32/ISDN...), what type of driver (Eicon, Synaptel...). If this is still relevant, send me an email. Knowing that I received this message completely randomly and that I cannot access the forum regularly.
-
- 1
- 2
- 3
Next