Edit text in Illustrator
Hello
I am new to the forum and also to Illustrator.
I used to work with Photoshop, and I thought I would find some familiar elements, like layers, but I'm totally lost...
Let me explain my issue:
I purchased an image in .eps format that has graphic elements on one hand and texts like "your text here" on the other...
Of course, my goal is to modify this text and replace it with mine... But it's impossible...!!
After some inquiries, it turns out that the text is vectorized...
Is it editable?
Assuming it is not, how can I at least find out what font was used?
Is it embedded like in PDFs???
Thank you in advance for your help, even if the question might seem stupid for someone used to Adobe software.....
Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 28.0
I am new to the forum and also to Illustrator.
I used to work with Photoshop, and I thought I would find some familiar elements, like layers, but I'm totally lost...
Let me explain my issue:
I purchased an image in .eps format that has graphic elements on one hand and texts like "your text here" on the other...
Of course, my goal is to modify this text and replace it with mine... But it's impossible...!!
After some inquiries, it turns out that the text is vectorized...
Is it editable?
Assuming it is not, how can I at least find out what font was used?
Is it embedded like in PDFs???
Thank you in advance for your help, even if the question might seem stupid for someone used to Adobe software.....
Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 28.0
6 answers
-
It’s true that a font is not embedded in the file in Photoshop, but in my case, it's a shame that a text file detailing a few points of clarification wasn’t provided, such as the fonts used... because I actually liked those...
In any case, I got “Classroom in a Book” to learn better how to manage Illustrator... I think I made a good choice; I’m starting to understand some of the software’s subtleties...... but I’m disappointed about the fonts... it’s a shame Adobe doesn’t provide a tool that at least helps to find the name of the font....