Virus spoolsv.exe
Solved
Hello,
I have an active process named spoolsv.exe that is using 99% of my machine's resources. If I end it, it restarts immediately even after system boot.
I think it might be a "trojan" type virus.
I have Norton Antivirus 2005 which does not seem to detect it even after a scan.
What should I do to get rid of it?
Thank you in advance for your help.Configuration: XP HOME
I have an active process named spoolsv.exe that is using 99% of my machine's resources. If I end it, it restarts immediately even after system boot.
I think it might be a "trojan" type virus.
I have Norton Antivirus 2005 which does not seem to detect it even after a scan.
What should I do to get rid of it?
Thank you in advance for your help.Configuration: XP HOME
26 answers
-
Halala"spoolsv.exe est un exécutable système de Microsoft Windows qui gère le processus d'impression vers vos imprimantes locales. Note : spoolsv.exe est également un processus qui est enregistré comme le cheval de Troie Backdoor.Ciadoor.B. Ce cheval de Troie permet aux attaquants d'accéder à votre ordinateur, volant des mots de passe et des données personnelles. C'est un risque de sécurité enregistré et il doit être supprimé immédiatement."
Bien, en français, spoolsv.exe s'occupe de l'impression, mais est aussi connu comme le cheval de Troie Backdoor.Ciadoor.B.
Un bon antivirus ou un scan en ligne permettrait je pense de trancher...( j'ai dit un BON antivirus...nan, j'déconne, j'ai aussi Norton...lolll)
Le fichier spoolsv.exe est normalement localisé dans c:\windows\System32, s'il est ailleurs, ça doit mettre la puce à l'oreille...-
salaünThank you,
But where can I find an online antivirus that allows for cleanup?
I just tried the one from "informatruc" but it crashes right at the start of the download!
You were right, the spoolsv file is located in places other than system32, but even when deleting them, it remains active!
Thank you for your help... this horse is annoying! -
SalaünI'm getting back to you after trying 3 online antivirus and 3 others downloaded, nothing works, it doesn't detect anything.
I found some information on another forum suggesting the possibility of a backdoor, but I ran Tauscan and got no results!
Moreover, the scans of the various antivirus sometimes take 10 hours considering that spoolsv.exe uses 99% of the CPU!
Could deleting the process damage XP?
You were right, the file is located in 4 different places, but if I delete them all and the process remains active nonetheless?
Should I just reinstall? -
JiCé@SalaünTo try: => Disable the print spooler service
Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services:
Select 'Print Spooler' and right-click
Choose 'Properties'
In the window General tab, check that:
Startup type = Disabled -
bernie61
-
frank@SalaünRevising the REGEDIT, search for spoolsv.exe and delete the entry to solve the problem, but also delete the spoolsv.exe file located in windows/system32
bye
-
-
samaritainBravo, but how do you print without the print spooler afterwards?
-
ghost18_07ok, for this application. "spoolsv.exe est un exécutable système de Microsoft Windows qui gère le processus d'impression vers vos imprimantes locales. Remarque : spoolsv.exe est également un processus qui est enregistré comme le Trojan Backdoor.Ciadoor.B. Ce Trojan permet aux attaquants d'accéder à votre ordinateur, de voler des mots de passe et des données personnelles. C'est un risque de sécurité enregistré et doit être supprimé immédiatement."
il te faut faire ça ;) :
démarrer => Exécuter => taper (msconfig) => service => décocher (spooler d'impression). c'est tout :)
redémarrer ton PC. -
JensJensHello, after consulting the two pages regarding this issue, I am posting my problem which may be a bit different. Indeed, like everyone else, I have a spoolsv.exe in my active processes at startup; however, it does not take up 99% of my CPU but around 5000 KB (this varies). Moreover, it is possible for me to remove it until the next startup of the computer by deleting it three times in a row (once deleted, it takes 2 minutes to restart, starting from 2500 KB up to 5000 KB progressively), but after repeating the operation three times, it no longer comes back.
So I am looking for how to delete it permanently; of course, it is not detected by antivirus software, I have no files in my printer folder, I tried formatting my computer using the Windows XP CD, but nothing can be done, it is still there.
However, I note the presence of two spoolsvs during my searches, one in System32 and another in WINDOWS/perfecth that is named SPLOOLVS.EXE-282F76A7.pf.
Thank you for your attention. -
joker666I have a question. I heard that to fix this problem I just need to delete "printer", but if I delete it and it wasn't a virus, will I still be able to print??? (We were told it was related to printing...)
-
_samaritain_Hello,
I admit that I just signed up for the same problem and that I am a bit lost.
I also have that infamous sooplsv.exe which is created at every restart directly in C:\WINDOWS and is using a good portion of the resources.
Here is the HijackThis report >>
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 21:55:49, on 19/11/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\windows\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Wacom_Tablet.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Wacom_Tablet.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrateur.TITANIUM\Mes documents\DWNLD\Scan du systeme\HijackThis.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = https://www.msn.com/fr-fr/?ocid=iehp
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Liens
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Assistant Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: IeCatch2 Class - {A5366673-E8CA-11D3-9CD9-0090271D075B} - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashGet\jccatch.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: FlashGet Bar - {E0E899AB-F487-11D5-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashGet\fgiebar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SW20] C:\WINDOWS\system32\sw20.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SW24] C:\WINDOWS\system32\sw24.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Svchost] c:\windows\svchost.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Logo Calibration Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\GretagMacbeth\i1\Eye-One Match 3\CalibrationLoader\CalibrationLoader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: ProfileReminder.lnk = C:\Program Files\GretagMacbeth\i1\Eye-One Match 3\ProfileReminder.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download All with FlashGet - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_all.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download with FlashGet - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_link.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_05\bin\npjpi142_05.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Java Console (Sun) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_05\bin\npjpi142_05.dll
O9 - Extra button: FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashGet\flashget.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashGet\flashget.exe
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/...
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\FICHIE~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: TabletServiceWacom - Wacom Technology, Corp. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Wacom_Tablet.exe
--
End of file - 5059 bytes
What should I do to get rid of this virus?
Thank you in advance for any help,
Best regards. -
J-LYou need to check if you have one or more printers installed on your computer and any print jobs for printers that no longer exist on your computer. Cancel everything and uninstall the nonexistent printers.
-
NoddinI have the same problem,
That is: The CPU usage goes from 10 to 99% without warning and for no reason...
I looked in the folder c:\...\system32\printers but there's no file named 0008.spl
However, after a search, it shows me several existing spoolsv.exe
(7, including one with the .pf extension located in C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch
C:\WINDOWS\system32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB896423$
C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386
C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\K896423\SP2QFE
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\23ec66f2314a80d71(...) )
Also, even though I stopped the spoolsv.exe process 3 times in a row, (the CPU usage peaks between 5 and 20%) it still has sudden spikes for a few seconds to 80%, 99%...
Is it another process or is there some other issue..?
Thank you in advance. -
yanI also have this problem, and my CPU is always at 100%, I don't understand anything anymore, please help me, thank you very much.
-
poupouI have the spoolsv.exe process and I'm not sure if I should end it or not. Thank you for your response.
-
-
ShinHi,
I confirm: you just need to go to the printers and you will see one with a small number/digit in the icon, indicating that there are print jobs pending.
Generally, this is the Windows virtual printer, not your default printer.
Right-click/open/delete all documents will stop the excessive cpu usage.
So, deleting the process will be pointless if this maneuver is not executed, and... it is not the cause of any infection, just a trace of a misdirection error during a failed print request.
++ -
steph2311@ShinThe problem in my case is that when I launch the print manager, well... it doesn't launch
so it's impossible to access the list of printers and delete the document that's blocking
does anyone have a solution?? -
marcel@steph2311I copied and pasted from a friend who also couldn't access the printers.
His solution:
I then searched on the disk to see if I could find several "Spoolsv.exe" files because there were discussions on the internet
about a "Trojan" with that file name but which would be located elsewhere than in \Windows\System32\
I found another one in \Windows\Servicepatchfiles\I386\
I stopped the service in the task manager and replaced the file in \Windows\System32 with
the other one, then I rebooted and everything was in order.
-
-
Quesnelnorton is a virus gateway, it detects them but doesn't remove them, so go with nod32.
-
benHello everyone
help I'm overwhelmed, I can't do anything with my computer
I don't understand anything anymore
here's the thing that analyzes the computer
help me thank you in advance
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 00:19:22, on 04/01/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\avp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\mgrs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\avp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\lsass.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eRecovery\Monitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\VM305_STI.EXE
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Druide\Antidote\Antidote\Gestionnaire Antidote.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\VM305_STI.EXE
C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eRecovery\Monitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Druide\Antidote\Antidote\Gestionnaire Antidote.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLLoginProxy.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\khaled\Desktop\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\khaled\Local Settings\Temp\HijackThis.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = https://www.google.fr/?gws_rd=ssl
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = https://www.acer.com/worldwide/selection.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = https://actus.sfr.fr
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Links
F3 - REG:win.ini: load=C:\WINDOWS\system32\mljjj.exe
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {2E9D4C81-9F27-4c14-B804-7B0F6BC88A4F} - C:\Program Files\Outerinfo\Outerinfo.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {549B5CA7-4A86-11D7-A4DF-000874180BB3} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Assistant Helper Program - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\2.1.615.5858\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {C03DDD40-B6CD-4D42-82C6-7556F51B4C42} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\mljjj.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FD03C949-1F23-41EA-B53A-C31EE0154454} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\yayvuss.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: Systran40premi.IEPlugIn - {D3919E1A-D6A5-11D6-AC3E-00B0D094B576} - C:\Program Files\Systran\4_0\Premium\IEPlugIn.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avp] C:\WINDOWS\avp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lsass] C:\WINDOWS\lsass.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [smgr] mgrs.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ntiMUI] c:\Program Files\NewTech Infosystems\NTI CD & DVD-Maker 7\ntiMUI.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NBKeyScan] "C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero BackItUp\NBKeyScan.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSPY2002] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\PINTLGNT\ImScInst.exe /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LaunchApp] Alaunch
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eRecoveryService] C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eRecovery\Monitor.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTDrive] rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\drvxub.dll,startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Conjugaison] C:\Documents and Settings\khaled\My documents\boutheina\Conjugaison 4.70\Install\conjLauncher.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BigDog305] C:\WINDOWS\VM305_STI.EXE VIMICRO USB PC Camera (ZC0305)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Windows update loader] C:\Windows\xpupdate.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\MsnMsgr.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [IndxStoreSvr_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMIndexStoreSvr.exe" ASO-616B5711-6DAE-4795-A05F-39A1E5104020
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Gestionnaire Antidote.exe] C:\Program Files\Druide\Antidote\Antidote\Gestionnaire Antidote.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Google Update Tool.lnk = C:\Program Files\Google\Google Updater\GoogleUpdater.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Java Console (Sun) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Search - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {05CA9FB0-3E3E-4B36-BF41-0E3A5CAA8CD8} (Office Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://download.microsoft.com/download/C/B/F/CBF23A2C-3E55-4664-BC5C-762780D79BA0/OGAControl.cab
O16 - DPF: {238F6F83-B8B4-11CF-8771-00A024541EE3} (Citrix ICA Client) - https://mail.fcconseil.com/teletravail/clients/wficat.cab
O16 - DPF: {65FDEDF3-8ED9-4F5B-825E-18C2D44191A7} (OneCCCtl Class) - http://d.66.155.171.107.downloads.estara.com./as/OneCCDM.php?template=41001&sessionid=2015393908_86.68.124.146_1509&=&req=1191566910765OneCC.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E5E167B-1566-4316-B27F-0DDAB3484CF7} (Image Uploader Control) - http://express.foto.com/NewUploader/ImageUploader4.cab
O16 - DPF: {BD8667B7-38D8-4C77-B580-18C3E146372C} (Creative Toolbox Plug-in) - http://bmm.imgag.com/imgag/cp/install/crusher-fr.cab
O16 - DPF: {CE3409C4-9E26-4F8E-83E4-778498F9E7B4} (PB_Uploader Class) - http://photoways.com/clients/uploader_v2.1.0.53.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: winccf32 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winccf32.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: yayvuss - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\yayvuss.dll
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: TuneUp Drive Defrag Service (TuneUp.Defrag) - TuneUp Software GmbH - C:\WINDOWS\System32\TuneUpDefragService.exe
--
End of file - 9131 bytes -
DTECThank you for the information, it saved me a lot of time.
Have a nice day and THANK YOU -
GalileoIndeed, if I tell my firewall to deny access to this file, my printer won't print.
This file is located in my WINNT/system/32. <bri using="" the="" zone="" alarm="" firewall="" and="" avg="" antivirus.="" />Norton antivirus is somewhat outdated, I believe. I only use Norton for defragmentation and for its "Win Doctor" feature. -
AlainF[RESOLU]
Hello,
in my case: error at startup of the PC "spoolsv.exe" "unable to complete the operation";
no detection with antivirus, no printer in the folder and unable to install one!!!
the solution is on the page: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324757/en of Microsoft support
this fix eliminated the spoolsv.exe error message at startup of the PC and I installed my three printers without any problem
Thanks again for your forum -
bibi9595SPOOLSV must be a worm, I say this because I've never installed a printer and it's still trying to do it??-_-' and since when does a printing program need to connect to the internet to be able to print?? I conclude that a worm has the same name and must be harmful... now how to remove it...
-
kGood evening everyone! Simple and quick solution to implement: *)
1 - Stop the "print spooler" service (PWork\manage\services)
2 - Create 1 batch: > net start spooler
3 - Create a second one with: > net stop spooler
--In 1 - the service is stopped, no printing possible but NO WORRIES!
--In 2 - click click on your 1st batch named "startspool" for example, so your service starts when you want to print.
--And 3 - click on the other batch to stop your service again!
Personally, I don't print often, it might be annoying for crazy printers!
See you later, hoping I helped you (cosilovedaweed!) -
sahsouh45Hi,
Well, guys, it's really slow when I print because the spoolsv.exe process is using 100% of the CPU. I can't do anything. There's no virus and there are no pending print jobs. Please help me because this is starting to annoy me. -
sou||essI had the same problem with a client, but since spoolsv is linked to printer functions, it's the printer that is causing the issue. To fix it, clear the document queue or unplug the printer.
spoolsv.exe IS NOT A VIRUS. And that's why terminating the process doesn't help.
In case of panic, remove the printer completely. -
toune2803I have the same issue from the startup of my PC, I get "" ...cannot find c:/WINDOWS/SPOOLSV.ENE""
I know it's not a Windows component since it's not in system32
I did a hijackthis and here's the report, it's Chinese to me:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 16:26:19, on 11/12/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.5730.0011)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\ADSL Autoconnect\ADSL Autoconnect.exe
C:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hphmon06.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InterVideo\SchSvr\SchSvr.exe
C:\Program Files\InterVideo\Common\Bin\WinRemote.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ALCXMNTR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\LogiTray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\VM_STI.EXE
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Picasa2\PicasaMediaDetector.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NotifyPhoneBook.exe
C:\Program Files\Player Video TF1\tf1.exe
C:\Program Files\Macrogaming\SweetIM\SweetIM.exe
C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
C:\Program Files\Shareaza\Shareaza.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\DS\02.05.0001.1119\fr-be\bin\WindowsSearch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LVComS.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\DS\02.05.0001.1119\fr-be\bin\WindowsSearchIndexer.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqimzone.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSTE08.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\JCA2000\StopPub\StopPub.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wisptis.exe
C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\HP_PRO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX00.203\HijackThis.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = https://www.google.be/?gws_rd=ssl
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = https://www.msn.com/fr-fr/?ocid=iehp
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = https://www.bing.com/?toHttps=1&redig=5FC791212101479BAFBE1A679848B1AF
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = https://www.bing.com/?toHttps=1&redig=5FC791212101479BAFBE1A679848B1AF
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = https://www.msn.com/fr-fr/?ocid=iehp
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Links
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - _{CFBFAE00-17A6-11D0-99CB-00C04FD64497} - (no file)
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {00A6FAF6-072E-44cf-8957-5838F569A31D} - (no file)
R3 - URLSearchHook: SweetIM For Internet Explorer - {BC4FFE41-DE9F-46fa-B455-AAD49B9F9938} - C:\Program Files\Macrogaming\SweetIMBarForIE\toolbar.dll
F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=explorer.exe C:\WINDOWS\SPOOLSV.EXE
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: SWEETIE - {1A0AADCD-3A72-4b5f-900F-E3BB5A838E2A} - C:\Program Files\Macrogaming\SweetIMBarForIE\toolbar.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1C8640B9-1625-6C24-7AF2-210BABCD569B} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O2 - BHO: MSN Search Helper Toolbar - {BDBD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\TB\02.05.0000.1105\fr-be\msntb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: MSN Search Toolbar - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\TB\02.05.0000.1105\fr-be\msntb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: SweetIM For Internet Explorer - {BC4FFE41-DE9F-46fa-B455-AAD49B9F9938} - C:\Program Files\Macrogaming\SweetIMBarForIE\toolbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /installquiet /keeploaded /nodetect
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD06] c:\Program Files\HP\{AAC4FC36-8F89-4587-8DD3-EBC57C83374D}\hphupd06.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHmon06] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hphmon06.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Home Theater SchSvr] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InterVideo\SchSvr\SchSvr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WINREMOTE] "C:\Program Files\InterVideo\Common\Bin\WinRemote.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AME_CSA] rundll32 csa.cpl,RUN_DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechVideoRepair] C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\ISStart.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechVideoTray] C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\LogiTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ewidoguard] "C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BigDogPath] C:\WINDOWS\VM_STI.EXE Thrustmaster USB PC Camera
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Picasa Media Detector] C:\Program Files\Picasa2\PicasaMediaDetector.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KBD] C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tf1] C:\Program Files\Player Video TF1\tf1.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SweetIM] C:\Program Files\Macrogaming\SweetIM\SweetIM.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Shareaza] "C:\Program Files\Shareaza\Shareaza.exe" -tray
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MessengerPlus3] "C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3\MsgPlus.exe" /WinStart
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SweetIM] C:\Program Files\Macrogaming\SweetIM\SweetIM.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] ~"C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Quick Start of HP Image Zone.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqthb08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Logitech Desktop Messenger.lnk = C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\LDMConf.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Windows Desktop Search.lnk = C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\DS\02.05.0001.1119\fr-be\bin\WindowsSearch.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &eBay Search - res://C:\Program Files\eBay\eBay Toolbar2\eBayTb.dll/RCSearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &MSN Search - res://C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\TB\02.05.0000.1105\fr-be\msntb.dll/search.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - http://edits.mywebsearch.com/toolbaredits/menusearch.jhtml?p=ZS
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xporter to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Open in a background new tab - res://C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\TAB\02.05.0000.1105\fr-be\msntabres.dll/229?f7e938d72f94481a29bbce7717cf782
O8 - Extra context menu item: Open in a foreground new tab - res://C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\TAB\02.05.0000.1105\fr-be\msntabres.dll/230?f7e938d72f94481a29bbce7717cf782
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Java Console (Sun) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Stop Ad - {10954C80-4F0F-11d3-B17C-00C0DFE39736} - C:\Program Files\JCA2000\StopPub\StopPub.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Stop Ad - {10954C80-4F0F-11d3-B17C-00C0DFE39736} - C:\Program Files\JCA2000\StopPub\StopPub.exe
O9 - Extra button: Connection Help - {E2D4D26B-0180-43a4-B05F-462D6D54C789} - C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\IEButton\support.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Connection Help - {E2D4D26B-0180-43a4-B05F-462D6D54C789} - C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\IEButton\support.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger Addon - {FB5F1911-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - http://messenger.ipfox.com (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &Messenger Addon - {FB5F1911-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - http://messenger.ipfox.com (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Connection Help - {E2D4D26B-0180-43a4-B05F-462D6D54C789} - C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\IEButton\support.htm (HKCU)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Connection Help - {E2D4D26B-0180-43a4-B05F-462D6D54C789} - C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\IEButton\support.htm (HKCU)
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://ny.contentmatch.net (HKLM)
O16 - DPF: {00B71CFB-6864-4346-A978-C0A14556272C} - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/msgrchkr.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {09CC593B-E8A9-4491-927D-A3E33534DDD4} - http://mm.tf1.fr/superdistribution/installer2.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/5/6/E5611B10-0D6D-4117-8430-A67417AA88CD/LegitCheckControl.cab
O16 - DPF: {2917297F-F02B-4B9D-81DF-494B6333150B} - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MineSweeper.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} - http://by104fd.bay104.hotmail.msn.com/resources/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MessengerStatsClient.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {917623D1-D8E5-11D2-BE8B-00104B06BDE3} - http://www.aprr.fr/fr/preparation_au_voyage/temps_reel/webcams
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} - http://messenger.msn.com/download/msnmessengersetupdownloader.cab
O16 - DPF: {F04A8AE2-A59D-11D2-8792-00C04F8EF29D} - http://by104fd.bay104.hotmail.msn.com/activex/HMAtchmt.ocx
O16 - DPF: {F6BF0D00-0B2A-4A75-BF7B-F385591623AF} - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/SolitaireShowdown.cab31267.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{4AD871FC-47C2-4DA7-BBB0-8F6398324FFA}: NameServer = 195.238.2.21 195.238.2.22
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: ADSLAutoconnect - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\ADSL Autoconnect\ADSL Autoconnect.exe" -z (file missing)
O23 - Service: Boonty Games - BOONTY - C:\Program Files\Common Files\BOONTY Shared\Service\Boonty.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - c:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe -
- 1
- 2
Next