Python is not found. Run without arguments to proceed.

Solved

Hello,

As you can see in the title, I am getting this error when I enter "python --version" in the cmd on my PC, while the Python application is properly installed. I have already added the Python folder paths to the Windows path along with pip, and nothing has changed... I have uninstalled and reinstalled at least 4 times, I check the path box, I add it manually but nothing works.

I don't know where the problem is coming from and I'm stuck, please help me.

4 answers

  1. The Paths are always updated on startup, whether on Windows or Linux or otherwise, to my knowledge.

    It's nothing new.

    In fact, we can do it beforehand. On Windows, I can do:

    set path=...

    I think on Linux, we could do:

    PATH=...

    1
    1. When you run in cmd:

      where python

      where pip

      where py

      Do you get paths or an error message?

      0
      1. Hello, no I'm indeed getting the following paths:

        For "where python"
        C:\Program Files\Python310\python.exe
        C:\Users\Gu1ohm\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\python.exe

        For "where pip"
        C:\Program Files\Python310\Scripts\pip.exe

        For "where py"
        C:\Windows\py.exe

        0
      2. It's fine, I just needed to restart my PC, I think.

        0
    2. Moderator

      Hello

      And just in case, restart your computer to make sure it properly accounts for the new path.


      .
      Best regards,
      Jordane

      0
      1. Incredible, I think that's it... Thank you and sorry!

        0
    3. Damn, having to restart the computer just for that, this system really...

      0