How to install Brave on Linux Mint

Hello, I started the installation by entering the commands "Release Channel installation" and "Beta Channel installation" in the Terminal, but I wonder if I should continue with "Nightly Channel Installation"? I'm not sure if it's necessary...
And the other question: what should I do next? Validate and with which key? It's not clear, and besides, not in French...
It's a shame that Brave only caters to seasoned IT professionals! And I'm not one of them!!!
A big thank you to anyone who can help me!
Agnès.
My hardware: Computer: Lenovo 64AMD, 1 terabyte. Linux Mint Cinnamon.

Configuration: Linux / Firefox 66.0

4 answers

  1. Contributor
    Good evening,

    Release Channel = stable version
    Beta Channel = beta version
    Nightly Channel = unstable version for testing and development.

    In short, all this to say that you should only install the release Channel version

    Then to validate, press the enter key.

    You have 5 commands to enter:

    1- sudo apt install apt-transport-https curl

    2- sudo curl -fsSLo /usr/share/keyrings/brave-browser-archive-keyring.gpg https://brave-browser-apt-release.s3.brave.com/brave-browser-archive-keyring.gpg

    3- echo "deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/brave-browser-archive-keyring.gpg arch=amd64] https://brave-browser-apt-release.s3.brave.com/ stable main"|sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/brave-browser-release.list

    4- sudo apt update

    5- sudo apt install brave-browser


    Best regards.

    1
    1. A big thank you! I understand better now. But I have one last question: since I haven't validated yet, is it possible to delete the Beta version? Or should I start over in another Terminal?
      Thanks again!
      Best regards, Agnès.
      0
      1. Contributor
        If you haven't validated anything, you haven't installed anything. So just redo the release commands and validate them one by one.

        Best regards.
        0
    2. A huge thank you! Thanks to you, I've learned how to use a Terminal!
      As for the manipulation you mentioned, it's exactly what I was about to try, by deduction.
      I'll keep you updated when Brave works on my computer running Linux!
      Have a great day! Agnès.
      0
      1. Hello!
        I finally managed to install Brave!!! ...thanks to you! And I learned a lot as well.
        Another big THANK YOU!
        Have a great day! Agnès.
        0
        1. Contributor
          Hello,

          You're welcome and have a nice day as well.

          Thank you for marking as resolved and for voting for the answer that helped you.

          Best regards.
          0