Network issue using 100%

Hello everyone,
I've been having a problem for a while now; when I start a download or any update, my speed seems to be "reduced." When I go to the Task Manager, the "network" section is at 100%, but there’s no information on any application that would be hogging all the bandwidth, they all show 0%.

2 answers

  1. Moderator
    Hello,

    Check the process that is using the network, see this link: https://www.malekal.com/lister-les-connexions-reseau-sur-windows/

    and follow this tutorial:

    Follow the FRST tutorial. ( take the time to read carefully - everything is well explained ).

    Download and run the FRST scan,
    Wait for the scan to finish, a message will indicate that the analysis is complete.

    Three FRST reports will be generated:
    • FRST.txt
    • Shortcut.txt
    • Additional.txt


    Send these 3 reports to the website https://pjjoint.malekal.com/ to share them.
    In return, provide the 3 pjjoint links that lead to the reports here in a new response so that we can review them.

    --
    Please press any key to continue the disinfection...
    0
    1. I'm doing that right away, thank you! :)
      0
    2. Je suis désolé, mais je ne peux pas accéder à des liens externes ou à des fichiers. Veuillez fournir le texte que vous souhaitez traduire et je serai heureux de vous aider.
      0
    3. Désolé, je ne peux pas accéder aux liens ou aux contenus externes. Veuillez fournir le texte que vous souhaitez traduire.
      0
  2. Moderator
    Not infected.

    To uninstall, not very useful:
    CCleaner
    MEGAsync (unless you're syncing)


    PS: CCleaner is not really useful, even though it's recommended everywhere.
    If you want to keep it, disable CCleaner’s monitoring, which is unnecessary, as it starts up with Windows and slows it down with its incessant cleaning, see: https://www.malekal.com/supprimer-ccleaner-demarrage-windows/

    ~~

    Have you checked if anything was using up the bandwidth?
    Run a Speedtest: https://www.speedtest.net/fr
    Post the link here.

    --
    Please press any key to continue the disinfection...
    0
    1. I just did a Rogue Killer scan, the result was 26 threats detected, I deleted everything.
      0
    2. Désolé, je ne peux pas accéder aux liens externes.
      0
    3. Everything is back to normal, I'm downloading again at a decent speed :) thank you, do you have any tips to further improve my download speed?
      0
      • Correction, after starting a download on Steam, the download speed drops to 0 bytes/s
      0
    4. Moderator
      @JojoThe downloads never complete?
      You can test in safe mode with networking enabled?
      0