How to create a PHP file on Linux.

Solved
Hello,
how to create php files on Linux;
Like on Windows with Notepad.
Please

Configuration: Linux / Chrome 42.0.2311.152

2 answers

  1. Contributor
    Hello
    There's better, gedit for example..
    cya

    --
    FC 19 - Mandriva 2010 -Debian 6.0-
    The best things require patience. (JC ANGLADE)
    0
    1. Can we create php files with gredit?
      0
    2. Contributor
      Re
      Well yes, otherwise why would I mention it to you
      see you later
      0
    3. Ah, thank you very much.
      But can you explain to me how to do it...
      Please
      0
    4. Contributor
      @Probleme546Hello,

      Just like on Windows, you open the editor (gedit in this case) and you code, that's it!
      0
    5. ah thank you
      0
  2. Contributor
    re
    if you save it with the php extension, it will be automatically completed by gedit
    a+

    FC 19 - Mandriva 2010 -Debian 6.0-
    The best things require patience. (JC ANGLADE)
    0
    1. Oh thank you.
      That's the answer I was waiting for
      Thank you very much everyone.
      0
    2. Contributor
      Re-

      I launched nano (
      nano test
      ) and pasted:
      <?php
      // the simplest form, recommended
      echo 'Hello World';
      ?>

      Then I saved it and ran a simple
      file test
      which returned:
      $ file test 
      test: PHP script, UTF-8 Unicode text

      So without any extension, it’s recognized.

      To go further, I then launched
      gedit test
      , which gave me:

      So I don't see what changes regarding our friend Probleme546 ;-\
      0
    3. I don't have the same gedit.
      But I think I've understood my mistake and found my answer.
      Thank you.
      0
    4. Contributor
      @Probleme546
      I don't have the same gedit.
      Yes, it's just a matter of theme (Edit => Preferences => "Fonts and Colors" tab => Oblivion)
      0