Remove Time Machine from an external drive

Solved/Closed
Hello

I wanted to back up my disk to an external hard drive, and I would like to delete that backup.

But I erased my external hard drive, and after the erasure, I still have the Time Machine logo on my hard drive.

And I have less capacity on my hard drive.

Thank you

Configuration: Mac OS X / Firefox 3.6.3

1 answer

  1. Good evening,

    You go to:

    System Preferences / Time Machine / Select Disk... and there you select "None"

    Best regards
    --
    Francis Sanspseudo - Intel iMac running OS 10.6 + iMac-G5 running Mac OS 10.5
    Always indicate your exact configuration: Mac model and Mac OS version!
    12
    1. Good evening, I have the same problem (I am a new Mac user) and I cannot find "System Preferences," can you help me?
      Sincerely
      0
    2. Hello,

      In the top left corner of your screen, there is an apple. Click on it and you will see the "System Preferences..." menu appear.

      Ritchi
      0
    3. Hello,

      I did this action in "System Preferences" but my external hard drive still shows that it is full and I can't find how to format it...

      Thank you in advance for your help and have a good day.

      Pierrot
      0
    4. Hello,

      Thank you very much! I didn't know how to format on Mac, but I finally managed to do it...

      Have a great day again

      Regards, Pierrot
      0