Know the origin of an order

Hello,

I have a perl script running on my machine and I would like to know where it is located.
When I run a top command, I get this:

4288 www-data 15 0 73012 16m 1908 S 2.0 1.7 21:19.89 perl

But I can't find out what it is. Does anyone know a command to display
its root.

Thank you in advance.

GreG

6 answers

  1. Contributor
    the command is 'perl'
    just a simple
    which perl
    is enough ;)

    --
    Archlinux ... the linux that is good! on archlinux.fr
    0
    1. Moderator
      Hi,

      the perl interpreter is usually found in /usr/bin, so /usr/bin/perl is the full path

      however, I see that it’s running under the identity of www-data, which suggests a cgi script

      display
       ps aux | grep www-data 
      maybe we'll get more details
      --

      lami20j
      0
      1. Hello,

        a which perl only gives me:

        which perl
        /usr/bin/perl

        It does not provide the location of the launched Perl scripts.
        0
        1. Moderator
          Hello,

          what does a
          ps -ef | grep www-data 
          return you?

          --

          Z'@+...che.
          JP : Zen, my Nuggets ! ;-) Knowledge is only good if it is shared.
          0
          1. I find this:

            www-data 31859 1 0 Dec07 ? 00:00:01 etropchat

            But unable to find etropchat with a locate etropchat, even after an updatedb :-(
            0
            1. Moderator
              Hello,

              display the result of
              ps aux | grep etropchat

              --

              lami20j
              0