Install Linux on Toshiba NB500

Hello,

I have a Toshiba NB500 (netbook) with Windows 7 Starter. I only use it to go online and it's very slow. I would like to get rid of the twenty Toshiba software pre-installed, but I'm a bit afraid of making a mistake.

So, I'd like to know if it is technically possible to install Linux on it with just a simple internet browser.

Thank you in advance for your responses.

4 answers

  1. Thank you for your response.

    Now I would like to know where to find a list (in French) of the hardware supported by Ubuntu, so I don't install it and realize that the Wi-Fi card is not recognized.
    0
    1. well you can already try it on live CD (or Live USB with the software unetbootin)
      your linux distribution will boot from the CD as if it were installed
      --
      ... speaking of knowledge, know-how, and experiences ... nothing is given, nothing is lent, everything is transmitted
      0