SppExtComObj.Exe file detected by Defender

Hello,
I just ran an analysis of my PC with Windows Defender, and I noticed that there were files named SppExtComObj.Exe that were detected, but they were listed in my exclusions for a reason I don't know.
Is it an overzealous reaction from my antivirus, or are these malicious files that I need to delete? If I need to delete them, can I do it through Windows Defender?
If this file is not malicious, what is its purpose? I wanted to delete it, but since I'm not very knowledgeable, I didn't want to risk it being an important component.
As a picture is worth a thousand words, here is a screenshot:

Thank you for helping me!

Configuration: Windows / Firefox 61.0

9 answers

  1. How can I restore my legal Windows license that I purchased? And I was so sure I had uninstalled Web Companion!
    0
    1. Moderator
      well no otherwise I would have told you to restore it =)
      In 130 days Windows will no longer be activated, you will be able to use it but not some functions like changing the wallpaper, some other settings, etc.

      I summarized what to do here: https://www.malekal.com/supprimer-kmspico/
      No need to uninstall since you don't have it.
      Remove the exceptions, delete everything, use the zip
      And enter your Windows 10 Pro key as indicated.

      --
      Please press any key to continue the disinfection...
      0
      1. Does reinstalling the license mean formatting the computer?
        0
      2. For example, should I find all my drivers and everything?
        0
      3. And also, in the links I just consulted (the pages you sent me), it is stated that for Windows 10, it is not necessary to use a key?
        0
      4. I just copied and pasted the command line provided in the link you sent me into the cmd, but it doesn't work!
        0
    2. Moderator
      Why create multiple threads on forums, I don't see the point.
      Otherwise, FRST is not useful.
      You clearly have a KMSPico license....
      See my explanations.

      Otherwise, Web Companion is a potentially unwanted program, to uninstall.
      CCleaner is not really useful, even though it’s recommended everywhere.
      If you want to keep it, disable CCleaner’s monitoring, which is unnecessary; it starts up with Windows and slows it down with its constant cleanups, see: https://www.malekal.com/supprimer-ccleaner-demarrage-windows/

      0
      1. To optimize my chances of getting a response!
        Why is FRST not useful?
        0
      2. Moderator
        @Batz1625You are holding two people from two different forums for a simple problem.
        For FRST, because it is not a malware issue.
        0
      3. Am I taking up that much of your time?
        0
      4. My goal was not to be disingenuous. I just need help to resolve an issue.
        0
      5. Moderator
        @Batz1625I wanted to say that we could use it to help others.
        In short, you need to uninstall KMSpico and re-enter the Windows 10 Pro key that you purchased.
        0
    3. In fact, I bought this computer with Windows 10 Pro, but as mentioned earlier, someone who was more or less "well-intentioned" downloaded a pirated version of Windows 7 on my computer to create a USB key. I had issues of this kind with a file named gendows that you just helped me get rid of.
      0
      1. Moderator
        So, reinstall Windows 10 or buy a Windows 7 license.
        0
      2. Hi,

        If I understand correctly, your computer is running Windows 10 but a friend of yours used your computer to create a USB stick under Windows 7? So your problem is not going back to Windows 7 but removing the SppExtCombObj.exe?

        Thank you :)

        --
        0
      3. @CreepXIRight on!
        0
      4. Hello,

        So, I suggest you follow this tutorial (from Malekal_morte-), however I am not a computer expert, even though I am interested in it I might not be of much help...

        To check the computer, I invite you to perform this FRST analysis and send back the reports:

        Follow the FRST tutorial. (take the time to read carefully, everything is well explained)

        https://www.malekal.com/tutoriel-farbar-recovery-scan-tool-frst/

        Three FRST reports will be generated:
        FRST.txt
        Shortcut.txt
        Additionnal.txt

        Send these 3 reports to the site https://pjjoint.malekal.com/ to share them.
        In return, provide the 3 pjjoint links that lead to the reports here in a new reply so we can review them.

        Thank you :)

        --
        0
    4. Moderator
      If this computer was sold with Windows 7, the key would need to be provided and KMSpico uninstalled.

      --
      Please press any key to continue the cleanup...
      0
      1. but I don’t really understand why they refuse to help me? I haven’t done anything wrong?
        0
        1. Honestly, I don't think I've done anything illegal, other than lending my computer to a malicious individual I trusted. It's a shame I can't get help because of that :(
          0
          1. I lent my computer to a friend this spring, who installed a pirated version of Windows 7 to put it on a USB drive, but you even helped me get rid of it. However, I am supposed to use a legal version of Windows 10, I don't quite understand.
            0
            1. Moderator
              Hello,

              These files are related to KMSpico.
              Read: https://www.malekal.com/kmspico/
              It is not legal to bypass licenses and the forum does not provide support for such programs (against the rules).

              --
              Please press any key to continue the disinfection...
              0
              1. I don’t understand? I’m reading on the site you just sent me, but I don’t understand how I have bypassed the licenses?
                0
              2. Moderator
                @Batz1625The answer is in the link.
                You or someone used KMSPico to activate Windows without paying.
                The latter works with paid licenses.
                0