Install testdisk on ubuntu

Hello, I just lost all my data on the hard drive and I saw that it's recoverable, but the problem is that I only have 500 GB and an external HDD of 120 GB.
To recover it, I found a solution: I place the Ubuntu CD and boot from it, then I install Testdisk (recovery software) on the external HDD, but I'm stuck on the installation of the software when I downloaded the deb and clicked on it, the Ubuntu Software Center appears and below the install button it says: dependency is not satisfiable: libjpeg8(>=8c)
What should I do? Thanks in advance.

P.S.: I can't connect to the internet with Ubuntu because I can't install it since I have a Huawei dongle; I'm on another computer right now.

Configuration: Windows XP / Chrome 5.0.360.0

2 answers

  1. Hello,
    The .deb package you retrieved probably doesn't match your distribution.
    Just type in the terminal:
    sudo apt-get install tesdisk
    and it will fetch the correct package and install it in your live session.
    0