Clickable link in a JavaScript alert()

Hello,

I've created a PHP script that identifies a member's browser on my site. If the browser is Internet Explorer, it displays this:

<script language="JavaScript1.2"> { alert('Your browser is Internet Explorer. For more security and faster navigation, I recommend downloading Mozilla Firefox. You can download it from Mozilla\'s site: http://www.mozilla-europe.org/fr/firefox/'); }</script>

Actually, I wanted to know if it's possible to make the link I put clickable?

Thank you

A70M
--
If one day the desire to work comes to you, sit down and wait for it to pass...

Configuration: Asus X50RL • ASUSTeK Computer Inc. F5RL 1.0, • Intel Core 2 Duo T2310 1.46 GHz, • 15.4" LCD, • 2GB DDR2 RAM, • Hitachi 160GB HDD (+ Iomega Select Portable 320GB 2.5" + Western Digital My Passport Essential 160GB 2.5") • ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 Windows XP Pro - SP3 ; Google Chrome 3.0.195.33, Mozilla Firefox 3.5.5, Opera 10.01, Safari 4.0.3 (531.9.1), Internet Explorer 8.0 Ubuntu 9.10 ; Mozilla Firefox 3.0.15

16 answers

  1. Contributor
    Okay, I will try
    Thank you all for your information (two of you have already helped me) it’s nice to be helped so well and quickly.

    Looking forward to it :)
    --
    If one day, the urge to work comes over you, sit down and wait for it to pass ...
    0
    1. It suffices to store the image (browser logos) in a folder and insert it into the div with HTML.
      And JQuery with the UI plugin will take care of rendering the div as an alert.
      --
      Your computer does not do what you want... but what you tell it to do.
      0
      1. "if he says no > Authentication canceled and therefore impossible under IE". => No, not necessarily, if he clicks on no, and you simply perform a redirect to his account.
        0
        1. Contributor
          But where should I put the image?
          should I put in some jQuery, right?
          --
          If one day, the urge to work takes you, sit down and wait for it to pass ...
          0
          1. Either way, it’s not a problem.
            But he wants the visitor to stay on the site (and log in if it’s before), whether or not they choose to use Firefox.

            PS: To look more stylish and give the user more freedom, you could display the images of the most well-known browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari) and show below each the name of the browser as a link.
            --
            Your computer doesn’t do what you want it to do... but what you tell it to do.
            0
            1. Contributor
              JessayeDeTrouver > When the user clicks on sign in, my script runs and detects the browser. If the response is Internet Explorer, it will display the alert to them.
              So if I place a confirm(),
              if they click yes > Mozilla Site
              if they click no > Authentication canceled and thus impossible under IE.

              --
              If one day, the urge to work strikes you, sit down and wait for it to pass ...
              0
              1. Contributor
                Yes JavaScript sorry ... It's a habit :$
                --
                If one day the urge to work takes you, sit down and wait for it to pass ...
                0
                1. "Yes I thought about it, only the alert is displayed when the contact connects to the site with their credentials. So if he clicks OK, he goes to Mozilla's site; if he cancels, he will never be able to connect if he uses Internet Explorer. "

                  =>wait, I didn't understand what you want: do you want the alert to appear before authentication or after?
                  0
                  1. lol it's JavaScript, not Java
                    Java has nothing to do with it
                    --
                    You no longer use VHS, so why IE6?
                    0
                    1. And you also need to take the CSS and images with JQuery UI.
                      --
                      Your computer doesn’t do what you want ... but what you tell it to do.
                      0
                      1. Contributor
                        Oh okay. But I don’t know this language/library at all. I’ll keep the JAVA alert()

                        Thanks anyway
                        --
                        If one day the urge to work comes over you, sit down and wait for it to pass ...
                        0
                        1. jQuery UI uses the jQuery library
                          so you must first download it and then include it in your page
                          --
                          You no longer use VHS, so why IE6?
                          0
                          1. Contributor
                            Yes, I thought about it, only the alert appears when the contact logs in to the site with their credentials. So if they click OK, they go to Mozilla’s site; if they cancel, they will never be able to connect if they are using Internet Explorer.
                            Or I’m not trying to force them to stop using IE (though that could be a solution ... )

                            A70M
                            --
                            If one day the urge to work takes you, sit down and wait for it to pass ...
                            0
                            1. Otherwise you use the confirm() method instead of alert(): if he clicks OK, and then you redirect him to the FF download site
                              0
                              1. Contributor
                                Thank you for your quick response, I took a look, but I don’t quite understand ...

                                I replaced my alert() with
                                 <script type="text/javascript"> $(function() { $("#dialog").dialog(); }); </script> <div id="dialog" title="Info"> <p>Your browser is Internet Explorer. For more safety and speed during your browsing, I recommend downloading Mozilla Firefox. You can download it on the Mozilla site <a href="http://www.mozilla-europe.org/fr/firefox/" target=_blank>Mozilla</a></p> </div>


                                But it doesn’t look at all like on the site :/

                                --
                                If one day you feel like working, sit down and wait for it to pass ...
                                0
                                1. Sorry, no, that’s not possible
                                  If you want to be able to do it, you need to create a window in HTML, like this example https://jqueryui.com/dialog/

                                  Dorian
                                  --
                                  You’re not using VHS anymore, so why IE6?
                                  1