Facebook password reset code without requesting it

Colonel_El_Moustachat -  

Hello,

I received 2 password reset requests for my Facebook account last night without having made the request.

2 emails received, at 10:45 PM and 11:35 PM.

The problem with these emails is that they contain the same codes in each email.

And these two emails come from security @ facebookmail .com

On my Facebook, in the Security tab, it states that the password reset email was sent at 11:35 PM.

So my question is:

If the reset request was made at 11:35 PM, as Facebook indicates, how can the email sent at 10:45 PM contain the same code??? That's not logical.

1 answer

  1. Moderator

    Hello.

    What doesn't make sense is that you received a password reset email without requesting it; change the password for the email account linked to your Facebook account, and for your Facebook account, enable two-factor authentication.


    bazfile
    Moderator/Security Contributor.
    A hello, a reply, and a thank you are always appreciated.

    0
    1. OK thanks. It’s already done.

      By "not logical" I mean that I receive, 40 minutes apart, 2 identical reset codes.

      0
    2. Contributor
      @Colonel_El_Moustachat

      Hello

      This might be a request for a referral and not a new request ;)

      0
    3. @Radinoz

      Oh, I see, I didn't think of that. Thank you.

      It might mean that someone made a mistake trying to connect.

      I hope so.

      0